The High Flier

The Student News Site of Frederick High School

The High Flier

The High Flier

Boysbasketball game
January 11, 2024
Unusual Animals as Pets
January 11, 2024
Top 5 Video Games
January 11, 2024
Prettiest Vacation spots
January 11, 2024

Halloween costumes

Halloween’s right around the corner. What am I going to  be?

Halloween is right around the corner and the hunt for costumes is on. From couples costumes to singles costumes we’ve got you covered. Starting with some options for trio costumes. There can be different variations of everything. Some simple costume ideas are a fairy, a witch, or a vampire. Simple things like that are easy to play safely. But if you want couples costumes, you could be the Joker and Harley Quinn, Batman and Catwoman, Coraline and Wybie, a prisoner and a police Officer. Another cute couple’s costume could be the Statue of Liberty and a Tourist. There are so many different options, you just have to think outside the box. Group costumes can be a little more difficult depending on how many people are in your group, but if you try hard enough you can always make it work out in the end. Some ideas for groups are Mario kart, Teletubbies, Toy Story,and Scooby doo is a great one to do. 

More costume ideas could be as simple as being a Subway Surfers character, all you need for that is baggy jeans a white tank top and a red beanie and carrying around silly string instead of spray paint. You could be a pirate, you would need a bandana and alot of chains and jewelry along with layers of white cloth and brown cloth. A white flowy dress with a brown corset could be perfect. It just depends on styling it. You can make anything into a costume as long as you know how to properly accessorize.

When putting your costume together, it also doesn’t have to be crazy for it to be good. For example, if you want to do scooby doo you can easily get the clothes for that at a Goodwill or salvation army. There’s always a cheaper option when it comes to costumes; that is always helpful to know. Sometimes going to party city or Walmart isn’t in the cards for everyone.  Halloween is the perfect time to let your creative side take control and have fun putting together costumes.