The High Flier

The Student News Site of Frederick High School

The High Flier

The High Flier

Boysbasketball game
January 11, 2024
Unusual Animals as Pets
January 11, 2024
Top 5 Video Games
January 11, 2024
Prettiest Vacation spots
January 11, 2024

Fall food

When it comes to the seasons, you always want to match it. That could mean wearing shorts and going to the beach in the summer, floral themed clothes in the spring, or Christmas decorating and a big puffer jacket in the winter. 

If you ask me, when it comes to fall, the best food out there has to be the classics like apple and pumpkin pie. It gives that fall vibe and they’re really tasty! 

Here are the top five foods and drinks that can put you in the fall mood. Starting off strong, we have the Pumpkin Spice Latte. The Pumpkin Spice Latte, or the PSL, is made of sugar, water, some expresso, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree, and cinnamon sticks. This drink screams fall. With the pumpkin flavoring, it reminds you of the pumpkin patches and

Halloween. With the cold conditions of fall, the PSL  has a hot taste that can warm you up instantly and give you nothing but warmth and sweetness. 

Are you a crunchy over soft kind of person? Well, pecan pies are perfect for you. Pecan pie is a pie mixed with a filling of eggs, butter, and sugar. You’re probably wondering how pecan pie is related to fall. The pecan harvesting begins in late September and extends into November. With the harvesting being just in time for the upcoming season, pecan pie brings you the joy of fall!

For a smooth and cozy drink to wash down the pies and the cookies is apple cider. Despite the sweet scent of fresh apples, apple cider gives that sweet and brittle taste that fits perfectly with the fall leaves. 

Since we’re in the apple mood, what’s better than apple cider donuts? Apple cider donuts aren’t made to taste exactly like apples, but apple cider donuts are popular during the fall time because they’re soft and a little cakey. They have just a little crunchy around the edges and have that hint of apple flavor and crisp taste of cider.

Ending off with the perfect Starbucks order, the classic Caramel Frappuccino. This frappe is made with espresso with caramel syrup, milk, and ice. Including the shot of espresso, this drink will give you that sweet rush of the new season. 

Works Cited

Gallagher, Joanne. “The Best Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte.” Inspired Taste, https://www.inspiredtaste.net/8419/pumpkin-spice-latte-at-home-recipe/. Accessed 26 October 2023.

Grant, Amy. “Harvesting Pecan Trees – Learn When And How To Harvest Pecan Nuts.” Gardening Know How, 13 February 2023, https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/nut-trees/pecan/when-to-harvest-pecans.htm. Accessed 26 October 2023.