The High Flier

The Student News Site of Frederick High School

The High Flier

The High Flier

Boysbasketball game
January 11, 2024
Unusual Animals as Pets
January 11, 2024
Top 5 Video Games
January 11, 2024
Prettiest Vacation spots
January 11, 2024

Top 5 Video Games

Video games are ways of entertainment that engage players in different storylines, worlds, and universes. They give you sources of fun and sometimes relaxation. But we have so many different games like Roblox where you can play a variety of games or create your own and Fortnite where players collaborate or play by themselves in order to survive in an open-world environment,

But what really are the best of the best video games? Today, these 5 games are of different categories like Horror, Action, Survival, Simulation, and Adventure games will be rated through a rating and review sites called Steam and Common Sense Media where people review the game and share their opinions on it.

1. Dead Space

Image Credits: Flicker

Dead Space is a third person survival/science fiction game where the time is set to 2508. The Earth has gone through an extinction caused by  greedy and unsustainable use of resources. You battle dead species called “Necromorphs.” The Necromorphs must be dismembered a certain way to be dead, but they can adopt new stances and tactics, and even sprout new limbs, based upon where they have been wounded. This game was rated a 5/5 on Common Sense Media. Reviewers say it’s “the most tense and terrifying survival horror game” and “Well made masterpiece.”

2. God of War

Image Credits: Flicker

God of War is a third person action/adventure game where players control Kratos, a Spartan warrior, who is sent by the Greek gods to kill Ares, the god of war. In the game, Kratos rumbles through ancient Athens and other locations on a murderous quest to terminate the rogue god. This game was released in 2007 and ended its series in 2010 with the game God of War III. Reviewers say that it’s, “the best game I’ve played in a while.” This game is rated 5/5 on Common Sense Media.

3. The Outlast Trials

Image Credits: Epic Games

The Outlast Trials is a first person psychological survival horror video game which holds trials to complete objectives in order to gain rewards and to get further towards rebirth. The game takes place in the year 1959 during the Cold War where players come in as test subjects also known as Reagents, they are people who, after falling on hard times, are tricked into volunteering themselves as test subjects. The Outlast Trials is rated 9/10 on Steam. Reviewers say that the first few trials you play are genuinely terrifying.

4. Sims 4

Image Credits: Flicker

Released in 2014, Sims 4 is a social simulation game that lets you play in a real life way. You can make your own unique characters, control their personalities and emotions, create families, and build your own homes. Sims 4 is rated 4 out 5 in Common Sense Media on parents and kids review. Some people say that the game is “Good.” and “Fun.”.

5. Minecraft

Image Credits:Flicker

Last but certainly not least, Minecraft. Minecraft is an adventure/survival game made of blocks, creatures, and communities. You use materials to build equipment and structures like houses or gardens to stay safe from the elements or monsters. Minecraft is rated 5/5 in Common Sense Media. Some people say that the game is “Interactive and Creative.”.

Personally, All these games are and seem extremely fun. If you want to try different genres of games, these games are perfect for you. Especially if you like anything related to Horror, Action, Survival, Simulation, or Adventure.

Works Cited

“Dead Space (2008) | Dead Space Wiki | Fandom.” Dead Space Wiki, https://deadspace.fandom.com/wiki/Dead_Space_(2008). Accessed 3 January 2024.

Hosch, William L. “God of War | Action-adventure, Norse mythology, PlayStation.” Britannica, 29 November 2023, https://www.britannica.com/topic/God-of-War. Accessed 3 January 2024.

“The Outlast Trials | Outlast Wiki | Fandom.” Outlast Wiki, https://outlast.fandom.com/wiki/The_Outlast_Trials. Accessed 3 January 2024.

“The Sims 4 | The Sims Wiki | Fandom.” The Sims Wiki, https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_4. Accessed 3 January 2024.