The High Flier

The Student News Site of Frederick High School

The High Flier

The High Flier

Boysbasketball game
January 11, 2024
Unusual Animals as Pets
January 11, 2024
Top 5 Video Games
January 11, 2024
Prettiest Vacation spots
January 11, 2024

Fred Vs Tj Soccer

Fred Vs Tj Soccer

Frederick High’s Boys Varsity soccer team played against Governor Thomas Johnson High in the Intra-City Championship Tuesday night, September 26th. The Cadets started the game off strong, scoring the first goal of the game. Senior Edilson Barbossa scored off a cross from Josue Amaya-Palma. Barbossa shot the ball, which ricocheted off of a TJ defender and went in the goal. The Cadet kept a 1-0 lead for the rest of the first half, not letting TJ have any easy shots on goal. Barbossa has now scored in each game they played against TJ in  all four years being at Frederick.

The Cadets second goal was scored in the second half by Captain Zander Templeton due to a pass from Angel Palma. Angel gave Templeton a great pass, splitting between two TJ defenders. Templeton stormed past them to recover the pass and then shot to the far left side of the goal and scored. The score of the game was now 2-0 with the Cadets leading.

TJ was looking for a way to get back in this game before it’s over. Junior Anthony Nzuzi was later fouled by a Cadet midfielder while he was dribbling up the field, looking for an opening to shoot. TJ was given a free kick from getting fouled, Nzuzi kicks from between the 20 and 30 yard line and shoots the ball over all the Cadet players. The Cadets goalkeeper tipped it, but it was still able to bounce into the goal.

TJ’s Senior David Navarro tied up the game with his goal on a pass from one of his teammates. The Cadets were in disbelief as they looked at the scoreboard and saw the game was all tied up. They were then trying to score another goal to win this game.

Unfortunately, TJ was able to get the ball onto the Cadets half and got a corner kick. Nzuzi crossed the ball to Senior Thomas Osborne and he headbutted the ball but the Cadets goalkeeper saved it but couldn’t recover the ball. Then Junior Christopher Borntreger headbutts the ball into the goal to take the lead and finish out the game with the win for TJ. Final score of the game was 3-2 in favor of TJ.