The High Flier

The Student News Site of Frederick High School

The High Flier

The High Flier

Boysbasketball game
January 11, 2024
Unusual Animals as Pets
January 11, 2024
Top 5 Video Games
January 11, 2024
Prettiest Vacation spots
January 11, 2024

Tough Loss for Cadets

The Cadets varsity soccer team took a tough loss on Monday afternoon September 18th, against Liberty High School. The final score for the game was 4-2 with their season record now being 1-1-2. 

Liberty High’s senior Jack Brumbalow scored the first goal and second goal for his team. His teammate, Reese Storr, was driving the ball down the field with a Cadet player on his heels. He went for a shot, but the Cadets goalkeeper, Gavin Riser, saved it but dropped the ball and Brumbalow came up and kicked the ball into the goal. Liberty’s second goal, Alec Pellicciotti drove the ball down the sideline closest to their bench, then crossed the ball to Brumbalow and he finished past the Cadet’s goalkeeper.

The Cadets first goal was scored by Josue Palma. The ball was inbounded to Christian Duran. He was then smothered by Liberty defenders and lost the ball, but Palma regained possession. He then kicked the ball into the goal from the 30 yard line. He kicked it so high, the goalkeeper couldn’t reach it. The score was now 2-1 with 16 minutes left in the first half.

Third goal for Liberty High was scored by Storr as his teammate punted the ball all the way from the other side of the field to him. He was able to cover the ball and get past one of the Cadet’s defenders and scored past the goalie for Liberty’s third goal of the game.

Storr also scored their fourth goal down the middle of the field, racing past Cadet defenders and shooting to the right side of the goal. The score of the game is now 4-1, with Liberty leading and the Cadets looking for a way to make a comeback within 18:16 left in the final half.

With 5:21 left in the second half of the game, senior stricker Edilson Barbosa got knocked down to the floor by three Liberty defenders. The Cadets were then given a penalty kick. Zander Templeton took the kick and shot the ball towards the right side of the goal. He’d kicked it so low, the goalkeeper wasn’t able to save it. The final score for the game on the 18th was 4-2.