The High Flier

The Student News Site of Frederick High School

The High Flier

The High Flier

Boysbasketball game
January 11, 2024
Unusual Animals as Pets
January 11, 2024
Top 5 Video Games
January 11, 2024
Prettiest Vacation spots
January 11, 2024

Another Loss for Cadets

On Friday, October 6th, the Frederick Cadets Varsity Football team went up against Linganore High School at 6:30 pm.

The Lancers started off this game strong scoring two touchdowns back to back to start the game off. Their first touchdown was scored by senior WR Andrew Moxley off of a running play. He tried to run through the middle of the Cadets defense but got cut off and spun to the left and sprinted to the endzone.

On the Cadets 1st possession on 4th down, senior quarterback Greyson Rollman throws an interception. The pass was meant for sophomore Karmelo Smallwood but Lancers senior Mason Farster intercepted the pass. He then ran the ball and got all the way to the 15 yard line before getting tackled. They then went on to score another touchdown. This one was scored by junior QB Shawn Pelovitz. They were three yards away from the endzone so he hiked the ball and ran right into the Cadets defense. He was able to get into the endzone and scored another touchdown for Linganore.

The Cadets scored their first touchdown in the 2nd quarter of the game. Senior running back Tae Anderson got them all the way to the 15 yard line on a running play. On the next play Rollman throws a quick pass to Smallwood. He then splits between two Lancer defenders and gets into the endzone for a Cadet touchdown.

The Cadets then forced a turnover and eventually scored another touchdown. Rollman snapped the ball and faked a handoff to Anderson. He then ran towards the left side of the field to the endzone untouched. The score of the game is now tied up.

The Lancer scored again a few plays later. Senior running back Ethan Arneson ran all the way from the 30 yard line to score. Sprinting right through the middle of the Cadets front line untouched then flipped into the endzone for the last touchdown of the 1st half. Score is now 21-14

Start of the second half the Lancers ran another running play for Arnseon and he got all the way to the 20 yard line. Pelovitz then snapped the ball and faked a handoff for Arneson and spun to the right side of the field and ran to the endzone.

The Cadets come right back with a touchdown. Rollman threw a deep ball to Smallwood as he sprinted past his defender all the way down the field. He caught the ball and ran into the endzone leaving his defender at least 10 yards behind.

Ethan Arneson came back and scored another touchdown for the Lancers. Ran straight through the middle of the Cadets defense to the endzone. Arneson’s speed is the reason why the Lancer are in the lead and holding onto it.

The Cadets scored again on their 4th down with one yard to gain to get a first down. Rollman ran to the left and handed off the ball to Junior Tyrico Morgan. He then ran to the right sideline and was able to get past the Lancer defenders in front of him to score a Cadet touchdown. The Cadets fans all hyped hoping they could get another touchdown to tie the game. The score now is 35-28.

Unfortunately the final touchdown of the night was scored by the Lancers in the 3rd quarter with 10:01 left. Pelovitz snapped the ball and was about to get tackled by a Cadet defender but was able to find Moxley wide open running through the middle of the field. He threw it to him and then Moxley ran to the endzone again untouched. 

The Cadets tried to keep their head up and try to get stops and score but weren’t able to. The final score of the game was 42-28. Linganore’s speed is the reason why they were able to win this game.