The High Flier

The Student News Site of Frederick High School

The High Flier

The High Flier

Boysbasketball game
January 11, 2024
Unusual Animals as Pets
January 11, 2024
Top 5 Video Games
January 11, 2024
Prettiest Vacation spots
January 11, 2024

Boysbasketball game

Frederick High School Vs Thomas Johnson Boys Basketball intro city cup: Frederick high school boys lead their school to victory on a 67 to 44 win.

On Friday December 15th, the Frederick Cadets played against the Thomas Johnson Patriots at the intro city cup. The game started off with Thomas Johnson (TJ) making the first move of the game and getting a two pointer. But Frederick didn’t let that slide, TJ fouling on Frederick’s number 10, Emonte Hill Jr., causing Frederick at the foul line. Emonte Hill Jr. made one out of the two shots on the foul line. Not long after number 12,Gavin Legge, makes a great reception getting it to number 24, JJ Addison, in which causes him to make an astonishing layup, showing Thomas Johnson we mean business. As the game progresses Frederick is doing good but with TJ not very far behind them, ending the 1st period of the game with 15 to 13. 

The second period of the game started off very strong with JJ scoring a three pointer. As the second period went on Frederick was doing very well with number 3, David Dorsey, scoring a three pointer at the 5 minute mark, along with number 23, Ivan Quijada, making a three pointer as well as making an amazing assist to Gavin. Frederick was looking great, ending the second period off at 39 to 23.With Ivan and JJ looking very impressive out on the court. 

Third period ending with the score of 58 to 38 the Cadets with a 20 point lead. With David having a nice layup, and also making an amazing  dunk off of Emonte Jrs missed attempt at a three pointer. Frederick’s Defense also looked very good with number 0, Jeremiah Burke, and David Dorsey not giving TJ any slack. As we head into the 4th and final period TJ just can’t keep up with Frederick. Frederick’s players just constantly racking up points, not letting TJ slow them down. As 4th period ends Frederick’s

wins with the score of 67 to 44, as David Dorsey makes a final dunk with 1 minute on the clock. Frederick won the game with 67 to 44 making Frederick High School proud.