The High Flier

The Student News Site of Frederick High School

The High Flier

The High Flier

Boysbasketball game
January 11, 2024
Unusual Animals as Pets
January 11, 2024
Top 5 Video Games
January 11, 2024
Prettiest Vacation spots
January 11, 2024

The Prettiest Places to Visit in Fall

Kay Gaensler

Summer has its bright skies, spring has its budding flowers, and winter has its shimmering snow, however nothing compares to the beauty that is fall. With its crisp cool nights, scarlet, ember, and rust colored leaves, it is no wonder that fall is the favorite season among Americans. Now where can you go that showcases the ethereal beauty that is fall?

Bar Harbor, Maine

Bar Harbor is known as one of the prettiest places to visit year round. With its crystal clear blue waters and eclectic town, Bar Harbor has both character and adventure across every corner. Though going year round is fun, visiting in fall is incomparable. On a breezy October day, you can bundle up in your scarves and sweaters and walk around the town with an apple cider warming your hands. Nothing will beat the picturesque buildings and original shops it has to offer. Overall, Bar Harbor in Maine is the perfect fall visit for those looking for a fun, laid back time.  

Ozark National Forest, Arkansas

If seeing the fiery trees is what you crave, then nothing will beat Ozark National Forest. You can slide on your fuzzy socks and jackets, bring a mug of warm hot chocolate and hike through the rocky trials. With the cold, crisp air nipping your skin, and the vigorously bright trees, a hike at Ozark National Forest is the perfect activity for any of those fall lovers who love to stay active. 

Washington, Connecticut

If you are a fan of the fall favorite show Gilmore Girls, then Washington, Connecticut is the place for you. With the location being the original inspiration for the aforementioned show, nothing gets more real then this town. You can bundle up in your Lorelei inspired outfit and travel with a friend as you walk around and take in the view. There are many original shops and cafes that you can walk in and out of as you explore what the iconic streets have to offer. Washington, Connecticut is the perfect place to visit if you want to feel like you are in a fall movie. 

Brookside Gardens, Silver Spring MD 

Stunning in the summer but absolutely captivating in the fall, Brookside Gardens is one of the most picturesque places to visit in Maryland. You could stay for hours admiring the vibrant fall foliage and specialty planted fall plants. There are endless trees, grassy fields, and special walking paths to keep you enchanted in the fall atmosphere. Bring a friend or family member; Brookside Gardens is perfect for all and will put everyone in the perfect fall mood. Brookside Gardens is the place to visit if you want a beautiful, but nearby, fall experience. 

The Berkshiers, Massachusetts

The Berkshiers is known for its gorgeous trees during fall time. People all across America go to see them in person. The endless blazing trees have every color from bright orange and dark red to rusty brown. You could walk along the paths for hours, never growing bored of the colorful trees. If a pleasant quiet, pretty fall stroll is what you want, then the Berkshiers is the place for you. 

So go pack your bags, slide on your boots, layer on your knitted sweaters, and grab a hot chocolate because the season for fall is finally here!