The High Flier

The Student News Site of Frederick High School

The High Flier

The High Flier

Boysbasketball game
January 11, 2024
Unusual Animals as Pets
January 11, 2024
Top 5 Video Games
January 11, 2024
Prettiest Vacation spots
January 11, 2024

Top 10 Halloween Candies

This is a list of my top 10 Halloween candies!

1. Candy Corn

Candy Corn is my favorite Halloween candy. This pyramid-shaped candy, typically divided into three sections of different colors, has a waxy texture and a flavor based on honey, sugar, butter, and vanilla. A lot of people don’t like it, but it’s my favorite.

2. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups

Reese’s are my second favorite Halloween candy. These are salty, sweet and color-coordinated to the holiday. These are the best candy that has peanut butter in them.

3. Hershey Bars

These are a must when going trick or treating or giving out candy. Kids love when they get a family size Hershey bar when trick or treating. Hershey refers to it as “The Great American Chocolate Bar,” and was first sold in 1900. 

4. Sour Patch Kids

Sour Patch Kids are the best sour candy out of all the sour candies. This candy is sour and sweet at the same time. I would get happy when I saw people handing these out during Halloween. I would also coat my mouth with the sugary dust at the bottom of the bag when finished.

5. Starburst

A lot of people give out starburst on Halloween, everyone knows that the pink flavor is the best one out of all of them. The pink is the best because it’s the sweetest of them off.

6. Tootsie Roll

Tootsie Rolls have been made in the United States since 1907 according to Wikipedia. I loved when I used to get the big sized Tootsie Rolls on Halloween. My bag would be filled with these.

7. Twix

This crunchy chocolate candy filled with caramel and cookie is also a must for Halloween. I used to get lots of these when going trick or treating. There are a lot of Twix flavors but the original one is the best.

8. Whoppers

Whoppers are so good when in a movie theater, but when you get them on Halloween they are so much better for some reason. They’re crunchy milk balls covered with chocolate. They are also  similar to Milk Duds and Maltesers but I believe Whoppers are better

9. Regular m&m’s 

You can never say you had a successful candy bag if you didn’t have M&M’s in there. Also, M&M’S have been sold in over 100 countries since 2003 according to Wikipedia.

10. Butterfingers

If you didn’t get one of these hopelessly stuck in between your teeth, did Halloween really even happen for you? (Apologies to dentists all over the world.) Butterfingers are a good crunchy candy too. It’s easy to make a mess while eating this too.